There is so much that the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine has to offer women, especially women dealing with menstrual irregularities or fertility concerns. Being a woman who has dealt with some of these concerns myself, I am passionate about sharing this wisdom with my patients!
I started practicing acupuncture after having a personal experience with it. It was so helpful for me, it made me want to learn how to do it for others. Then I got interested in specializing in women’s health while in school for acupuncture. I couldn’t believe how little I knew about my body in regards to reproductive health. I was hooked on learning everything I could, and continue to be inspired by how much more I have to learn.
Women should have more options and more information to empower them! There is some information that is missing when you visit a traditional fertility clinic – there are many lifestyle and diet changes we can make that help.
I especially want women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) to know what a great drug-free option acupuncture is for ovulation induction. More importantly I want them to know they are at an increased risk for some serious life-threatening diseases if they don’t start making some diet and lifestyle changes, and I want to be a support and resource for them while they do it.
I would like every woman who sees me to have a better understanding of how her body works, and to empower her by teaching her how to improve her fertility naturally.
The other day I had a patient tell me she learned more watching my 10 minute fertility video than she had learned after countless visits meeting with fertility specialists at a fertility clinic. I so hope this woman will have a baby by the time we are done working together, but for me knowing she knows more after seeing me than she did before is success!
My official certifications and affiliations:
- I am a licensed acupuncturist in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, certified by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice and the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing.
- I have a Diplomate in Chinese Herbology and Acupuncture from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). (This means I passed national board exams in both acupuncture and Chinese herbs after I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Masters Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MSOM) from Northwestern Health Sciences University.)
- I am an American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM) Fellow (FABORM). This is the special certification I got to treat fertility patients. I am one of only 5 acupuncturists in MN with this certification.
- I am an American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) member.
- I am an Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Association of MN (AOMAM) member.
On a personal note . . . I love cooking! I am not a great cook by any means and I like recipes that aren’t too complicated. Changing my diet has been hugely helpful and I see cooking as empowering, which makes me love it! I feel so smart and good about myself when I know I am feeding my body the right things. Check out my blog for some favorite recipes!